Velux presents its "new generation window" after 5 years of research.
To imagine its new generation window, Velux relied on 5 years of research, anticipation of regulations and feedback. The goal: to design a window that fits all types of projects and has a minimum of constraints. For this, Velux focused his reflections on 5 major issues for users: energy, light, comfort, design and serenity.
Velux returns to these 5 point clear:
The energy challenge
• Glazing triple worthy values with double glazed windows and very studied interfaces with other materials:
GGL Comfort / All Comfort
-Laying + Embedded insulating block BDX: Uw = 1,1 W (m2.K)
-Laying Embedded insulating block BDX + + shutter: Uw = 0,94 W (m2.K) (calculations according CSTB - 90 ° slope)
• 20% of energy loss and less winter (1) (Relative to a window any comfort 2012)
• High performance summer comfort: 77% of the heat off (windows Comfort and Any Comfort)
The light issue
• The response to market expectations
Until 10% of glazed area and in addition to 42% more light transmission of solar control glazing (compared to the previous generation)
The Comfort stake
• Functional manual windows thanks to the new bar for maneuver facilitating gripping and movement.
• Really smart electric windows - 3 ° C in the living room by hot day with automated nighttime natural cooling of the VELUX INTEGRA window installed in the stairwell (2) (programmatically opening hours).
The design challenge
• An aesthetic that blends harmoniously into the roof:
rounded profiles smoothes form, disappearance of all visible screws side profiles.
Solutions embedded on all materials, from 20 ° slope only in simple windows or combinations of horizontal windows.
The Serenity stake
• Products that have passed all the internal tests (blower, aging, resistance) and external (test sites, technical advice (3), certifications (4) CSTBat and ACOTHERM ...)
• A principle known pose, and many innovations to facilitate and secure installation on site
• Identical guarantees: 20 years on the glazing
For more information, visit the website Velux.
(1) Evolution of the Uw value according to EN ISO 12567-2
(2) Study on the open volume + stay stairwell of a house 102 m2 carried out with the VELUX EIC Visualizer software validated according to CEN standard 13791
(3) Technical Assessments: Window GGL: No. 6 / 12-2105, GGU: 6 / 13-2118, GPU: 6 / 13-2119, GPL: 6 / 13-2120